Saturday 18 August 2012

Eid aur Rakshabandhan

Hey y'all
*that's a bit less of an epic fail*

so this time of year is usually time for two festivities Rakshabandhan and Eid

Lets start with Rakshabandhan, if you have no idea what it is, it is the day the sisters tie a string adorned with beads and gems on their brothers to keep them safe for the next upcoming year and in return the brother usually gives them money or gifts, well since i am the brother here are three cards i am sending abroad for my four amazing sisters

 i kept the same idea throughout, with the butterflies and the string work on the side
this blue card is for my two adorable cousin sisters Gurnoor and Jasnoor, the camera didn't really pick up the hand but it stands out a bit more than in the picture
 This is the card i made for my cousin Simran who is my dads, sisters daughter
 And finally this is for my other cousin sister on my dads side Kiran, she is my grandads, brothers grand-daughter and an amazingly talented henna artist check her out on rayoflighthenna or contact her on facebook, her facebook name is Kiran Chana Henna

so i had tried henna on a card with acrylic, ..... thank god nobody will ever see it because i am better with brushes ..... a lot better


Then to all my Muslim readers Eid Mubarak, well it's time to celebrate, so here are two cards for the two of my Muslim friends Sumeiya and Jaaziyah

 so i made this one for Sumeiya, it is inspired by the work of Audrey Kawasaki except im not as food as she is
 and this one is for Jaaziyah, the funny thing is the red piece in her hair is an earring my sister was about to get rid of, hows that for recycling worls :D
 i know its hard to see her face in the picture but it actually is very clear
i just realized i forgot to wink wink nudge nudge on the last update so here it is twice to make up

wink wink nudge nudge ;)
wink wink nudge nudge ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment